Hello and welcome back to the Heffy Doodle Blog! We are SO glad you stopped by to see what crafty inspiration we have today! Today’s theme is “Stretch Your Supplies” with design team member – Tatiana!
Today I’m sharing a fun and cute birthday card that will make scream from joy every dog lover! I was so excited to get my hands on the absolutely amazing new Heffy Doodle Mini Paper Trimmer that immediately decided to illustrate how to create a quick and easy and yet fun textured background by using the scoring blade. Besides, I came out with another simple idea on how to extend the fence stamp from Who Let the Dogs Out Stamp Set by trimming one edge to match the beginning of the other illustration. On my card I only doubled up the stamp. However by using this simple technique, you can extend the image for any desirable size.
- STAMPS AND DIES:
- OTHER CRAFT SUPPLIES:
- new Heffy Doodle Mini Paper Trimmer
- new Replacement Trimmer Cutting & Scoring Blades
- new Pink Fizz Sparkle Embellishment Mix
- Heffy Doodle Mini Die Cutting Machine
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper all the elements you need, using the coordinating Hot Diggity Dog Dies, Who Let the Dogs Out Dies and Heffy Doodle Mini Die Cutting Machine. Save the negative parts of the dies. Please, note that you need two fence elements to extend the illustration.
- Stamp the outline illustrations from Hot Diggity Dog Stamp Set and Who Let the Dogs Out Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, using the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- dogs E0000-E30-E31-E33-E35-E37
- fence E40-E41-E42-E43-E44
- pink RV00-RV21-RV23
- green YG0000-YG00-YG01-YG03
- green grass YG21-YG95
- teal BG10-BG11-BG32
- grey T0-T1
- Extend the fence by cutting the edge of one illustration with the sharp small scissors, then glue both stamps together with Glubert – Craft Glue, matching the outlines.
- Use the new Heffy Doodle Mini Paper Trimmer to trim an additional 5 1/4″ x 4″ rectangle from Bubblegum Blush Cardstock from Heffy Doodle Coloured Cardstock – Mix 2.
- Replace the blue cutting blade on the Mini Paper Trimmer with the scoring white one that comes with Replacement Trimmer Cutting & Scoring Blades set and emboss the evenly spaced horizontal lines to create a fun textured pattern, helping yourself with the measurement rule.
- Heat emboss in white onto black the sentiment from Who Let the Dogs Out Stamp Set with VersaMark Clear Embossing Ink. Don’t forget to prep the paper with a Powder Tool Applicator to prevent the embossing powder to stick where you don’t want it!
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Heffy Doodle 8.5″ x 11″ White Cardstock.
- Stamp the second part of the sentiment from the same Who Let the Dogs Out Stamp Set inside with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card base, using Glubert – Craft Glue and a foam tape to add a bit of dimension.
- Finish with a couple of sequins from Pink Fizz Sparkle Embellishment Mix and some highlights added with a white gel pen.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this fun and cute birthday doggy card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!