Hello and welcome back to the Heffy Doodle Blog! We are SO glad you stopped by to see what crafty inspiration we have today! Today’s theme is “Stretch Your Supplies” with design team member – Tatiana! I’ve been doing a lot of coloring and cute critter cards lately and so I decided it was time to try something different and stretch a couple of dies from my stash! Today I’m focusing on wonderful triangles from Heffy Doodle Zig-a-zig Ah Chevron Die Set. I LOVE so much a triangle shape because it allows to create lots of different patterns. To start, I came up with a simple rainbow design, die cutting a bunch triangle stripes from colorful cardstock and then arranging them with a bit of dimension that is quite hard to capture in pictures as well a pretty metallic gold shine on the “Happy Birthday” sentiment. This card was so easy and fun to create! If you like the idea, geometric patterns or die cutting, please, let me know in the comment area below and I will make more examples for you!
- STAMPS AND DIES:
- OTHER CRAFT SUPPLES
Step By Step Instructions:
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Die cut from a cream cardstock a 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ faux stitched rectangle, using Imperial Stitched Rectangles Dies.
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper a smaller faux stitched rectangle, using the same Imperial Stitched Rectangles Dies.
- Die cut from Heffy Doodle Coloured Cardstock – Mix 1 and Mix 2 eight triangle stripes, using Zig-a-zig Ah Chevron Dies.
- Arrange on a small white rectangle the triangles and pop them on a foam tape to add a bit of dimension and interest. Trim off the edges.
- Die cut the words “happy birthday” from a gold foiled paper and the shadow layer from a vellum, using Happy Birthday Shadow Heffy Cuts.
- Glue in place all the elements on the card front with Glubert – Craft Glue and a foam tape.