Hello Crafty Friends!
My name is Ilda and I am super excited to be guest designing this month for Heffy Doodle! I have always been crafty in one way or another and discovered the joy of cardmaking a few years ago. Besides crafting, I work as an Oncology Nurse and am a mom to two teenagers and a four-month-old puppy. Life is just crazy busy, but thankfully my husband helps with all the chaos so I can keep creating. If you’d like to some more of my creations please stop by my blog I Love Doing All things crafty.
If you have been following me, you may already know my favorite color is rainbow. I always try to sneak it in somehow in all my cards if possible and today’s Star Shaped Unicorn Dreams Card featuring Fluffy Puffy Unicorns was no exception. So let me tell you how this card came together.
- Die-cut two of the largest star-shaped die from the Stitched Stars Dies set.
- To one the star that will be the top layer, die-cut the smallest star-shaped die from the Stitched Stars Dies set.
- To the star that will be the back of the card, score a line across the top point to create the hinge of the card. Set this star aside until it is ready to be glued together to the top panel.
- Using Distress Oxide Inks, I started by blending Salty Ocean in the center of the star, followed by Blueprint Sketch and finishing the tips of the star with Chipped Sapphire ink. I then spritzed the surface with water and picked up the drops with a paper towel. To add to the galaxy background I also splattered drops of white pigment ink.
- Once the background was dry I then used the Star Swirl Stencil to add a layer of Glimmer Paste.
- Glue the top star panel to the back panel above the scoreline to create the hinge for the card base.
- Line up the sentiment in the star opening and using a stamp positioner stamp the “DREAM BIG!” through the window opening.
- Stamp out the images from the Fluffy Puffy Unicorns Stamps using Copic-friendly ink.
- Color in images using Copic Makers or desired medium.
- Die-cut images using coordinating Fluffy Puffy Unicorns Dies.
- For additional sparkle and shine, I used a glue pen to add glitter details to the unicorn’s mane and tails. To the clouds, I added liquid glue to the bottom and added chunky glitter.
- Use foam tape to pop up the unicorns and other images onto the Star Shaped Card front.
- Add white gel pen details to the unicorn’s cheeks and mane, and add a gold gel pen to the unicorn’s horn.
I had so much fun creating this card. I really hope you love it as much as I do and are inspired by it. Thank you for sharing your time with me and stopping by today. Until next time… Happy Crafting!