Send Lots of Koality Hugs with Joanna Louise Faith
Happy Tuesday Darlings!
It’s Jo here (@havefaithincards) with my final guest design blog post for February and I hope you enjoy the card I have made for this post! I couldn’t resist using the super cute ‘Koality Hugs‘ stamp set for this design and wanted to create a cozy, cute, sunset vibe to this card to warm someones day 🙂
- Taking the ‘Whimsically Wonky Imperial Rectangles Dies‘ (metric size also available at the Heffy Doodle shop) and some white cardstock, I cut the largest rectangle size from the set as my base layer and use low tact tape to mask off slightly less than half the card to create my patterned side.
- Using Distress Oxides in ‘Wild Honey’ and ‘Fossilized Amber’, I blended the two colours together, using Wild Honey on the outer edges.
- Taking the ‘Vertical Vines Stencil‘, I layered embossing ink over the blended Distress Oxides and heat embossed WOW! Embossing’s ‘Orangeade’ powder on top.
4. Taking the ‘Koality Hugs’ stamp and die set, I stamped a few images from the set onto white cardstock, coloured them in with alcohol makers, and cut them out with a die cut machine. I also stamped a sentiment in the top left of my base layer using brown ink, as I felt this would give the card a softer feel.
5. To assemble the card, I placed one image over the patterned side and a few images at the bottom, adding some sparkle to the tree leaves with holographic watercolours.
6. To finish off the card, I added some sequins in orange to tie the colour scheme in together and complete the design.
I hope you enjoy this card and if you are feeling down or need a little uplift, I am sending lots of Koality Hugs your way 🙂