Rawsome Birthday Card – Customising Die Cut Sentiments
Hello, Tallie here bringing you some rawsome inspiration!
Have you ever found it difficult to find a sentiment to match your die cut elements? Today’s rawsome birthday note card features the new Mane Squeeze stamp set, in coordination with the It’s Your Day Jumbo Sentiment Die. I’ve also used my alcohol markers to create a matching sentiment element. Match it with some of the lovely new Summer Holiday patterned paper, and you have a colourful birthday notecard!
Rawsome Birthday Card Tutorial
Firstly, I started out by stamping out the cute little lion from the Main Squeeze mini set and the bunch of balloons from Popping By onto some Alcohol Marker Friendly Cardstock with some Lawn Fawn Jet Black Ink. I coloured these in with my Copic markers, keeping to bright orange/yellows and turquoise blues. I cut these out with the coordinating dies.
On the other side of the paper, I coloured in a gradient of yellow/oranges, making sure to overlap the markers to get a smooth transition. Here’s a tip: make sure you have some juicy markers to make this easy! Leave it to dry – it’ll more likely tear if you don’t – and then die cut it using the It’s Your Day Jumbo Sentiment Die.
Then comes the fun part – assembly! I started by mounting a piece of the Summer Holiday patterned paper in the teal diagonal striped design to a notecard base. Using a bit of colour theory here – the blue will nicely contrast with the oranges.
I then arranged the die cuts on the base, adhering them with some handy Glubert.
Two finishing touches – 1) I added some gold stars to the balloons and 2) a little bit of twine to the top of the card.
And there you have it!
Please see below for information on the supplies used in this post.
- Heffy Doodle Alcohol Marker Friendly Cardstock (Heffy Doodle, Simon Says Stamp)
- Lawn Fawn Jet Black Ink (Seven Hills Crafts, Simon Says Stamp)
- Heffy Doodle Mane Squeeze stamps and dies (bonus set with pre-release, will be available soon!)
- Heffy Doodle Popping By stamps (Heffy Doodle, Simon Says Stamp)
- Heffy Doodle Popping By dies (Heffy Doodle, Simon Says Stamp)
- Heffy Doodle It’s Your Day Jumbo Sentiment Die (Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle Summer Holiday Paper Pad (Heffy Doodle)
- Copic Markers
- Heffy Doodle Glubert Adhesive (Heffy Doodle, Simon Says Stamp)
One Comment on “Rawsome Birthday Card – Customising Die Cut Sentiments”
Amanda RJune 21, 2022 at 1:21 pm