Hello and welcome back to the Heffy Doodle Blog! We are SO glad you stopped by to see what crafty inspiration we have today! Today’s theme is “Stretch Your Supplies” with design team member – Tatiana!
Today I’m sharing a fun card that features some of my favorite products from the Heffy Doodle latest release! I played with the wonderful Ghoulfriends Stamp Set that can be used not only for Halloween projects, but also for many seasonal occasions since it contains a few cute replaceable accessories and sentiments. I decided to pair the stamps with the gorgeous new Cathedral Window Dies, layered on top of a textured brick background that was created with a mix of two embossing pastes. When I spread the embossing paste, I purposely created a rough surface to give a fun texture to the brick wall. Then I heat set the still wet embossing paste with a heat tool that made it pop even more, adding an extra thickness and dimension.
- STAMPS AND DIES:
- OTHER CRAFT SUPPLIES:
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper all the elements you need, using the coordinating Ghoulfriends Dies and Heffy Doodle Mini Die Cutting Machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustrations from Ghoulfriends Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, using the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- ghosts W00-W0-W1
- yellow 000-Y00-Y13-Y15-Y17-Y18
- orange YR0000-YR00-YR02-YR04-YR09-YR12
- red R0000-R00-R01-R02-R20-R22-R24-R27-R39
- pink RV000-RV02-RV13-RV52-RV55-RV63-RV66
- teal BG10-BG45
- blue B63-B66-B69
- green YG01-YG06 & G00-G02
- violet V0000-V000-V01-V04
- grey T0-T3
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Heffy Doodle 8.5″ x 11″ White Cardstock.
- Trim a 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ rectangle from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Mix a white dimensional paste with a black or grey one on a slick surface. Secure Brick By Brick Stencil with a Memo Tape on the white rectangle and spread the mixed pastes all across without smoothing it too much to get a rough texture.
- Let the embossing pastes air dry a bit and then heat set the brick pattern with a heat gun to give it even more dimension.
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper two smallest window frames, using Cathedral Window Dies.
- Ink the solid window frame with Salvaged Patina Distress, Prize Ribbon Distress and Blueprint Sketch Distress inks, using the blending brushes.
- Splatter the inked piece with a white gouache, using a small regular brush, to add more interest.
- Heat emboss in white onto Bubblegum Blush and Oreo Crunch colorful cardstock the sentiment from Ghoulfriends Stamp Set with VersaMark Clear Embossing Ink. Don’t forget to prep the paper with a Powder Tool Applicator to prevent the embossing powder to stick where you don’t want it!
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card base, using Glubert – Craft Glue and a foam tape to add a bit of dimension.
- Finish with a couple of sequins from Covesea Embellishment Mix.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this cute card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!