Hello Heffy Doodlers! Tallie here and I hope you’re loving all the new release inspiration!
These little ghosties from the Ghoulfriends set and the Sleepy Hollow stencil from the Heffy Doodle new release have made my muse run wild with the spooky themes! Instead of using a Halloween greeting, I switched it up for a Boo-tiful Day greeting so I can send it as a birthday card to one lucky recipient! Looking at it now, if I used a green background, it kind of reminds me a little of Luigi’s Mansion!
I started out with the background for this card, inking on some Seedless Preserves and Dusty Concord Distress Inks with some blender brushes in a gradient from the top of the card panel. I then layered over the Sleepy Hollow Stencil, using some Black Soot ink with a firm hand to get that darkly silhouetted look. A tip here to make the background more interesting – combine the tombstone line with the trees and even the spooky castle to get a truly spooky background!
Then I coloured some white cardstock with the Black Soot Distress Ink – you could use black cardstock but I like it to match with the background. Once dry, I die cut the tree and castle/house shape using the Elm Street Dies. I used some yellow cardstock to give that spooky house feeling!
Next, I stamped out several of the cute little ghosties from the Ghoulfriends stamp set, using some Lawn Fawn Jet Black ink and some Heffy Doodle Alcohol Marker Friendly cardstock. I stuck to some deeper purple Copic markers (BVs) to give them some colour and tie them into the background. I die cut these with the coordinating dies.
Then it was time to put the scene together! I used a little bit of Glubert to adhere the pieces to the background. I added a sentiment from the set, die cut with the Strips of Ease dies.
The final finishing touch was to add a few sequins from the Hocus Pocus sequin mix.
A truly spooky birthday card! Have fun creating your own spooky creations! 🙂
Please see below for information on the supplies used in this post.
- Heffy Doodle Alcohol Marker Friendly Cardstock (Heffy Doodle, Simon Says Stamp)
- Lawn Fawn Jet Black Ink (Seven Hills Crafts, Simon Says Stamp)
- Heffy Doodle Ghoulfriend stamps (Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle Ghoulfriend coordinating dies (Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle Elm Street dies (Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle Sleepy Hollow Stencil (Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle Cardstock (Heffy Doodle)
- Dusty Concord Distress Ink (Simon Says Stamp)
- Seedless Preserves Distress Ink (Simon Says Stamp)
- Black Soot Distress Ink (Simon Says Stamp)
- Heffy Doodle Hocus Pocus Sparkle Mix (Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle Strips of Ease dies (Heffy Doodle, Simon Says Stamp)