A Whole Mug of Hugs Christmas Shaker Card
Hello, Heffy Doodlers! Tallie back with you for today’s post. For me, the beginning of the festive season is the perfect time to break out your supplies and experiment. Who says a Christmas card has to be red and cold with trees on top? Today’s card is about stretching some of your non-Christmas supplies and dusting off some of those seldom-used techniques. Featuring the Coffee Cup Shaker dies, some Sumer Holiday Patterned Paper and lots of sparkly sequins, this card template can be jazzed up for a set of shaker cards!
I started out by die cutting the main elements of the shaker card from some white card stock. The main elements included:
- An A6 sheet of patterned paper – I chose the wonderful blue dots from the Summer Holiday pack.
- A whole coffee cup die cut from a white A6 panel.
- Tonnes of sparkly sequins chosen from all of the Heffy Doodle mixes!
- A sheet of acetate.
- The cup holder, top and rim – I inked these up in matching blues with some Distress Inks in Salty Ocean and Chipped Sapphire.
The next step was assembly. I used a mixture of foam tape (the 3mm is perfect for the right shaker depth!) and Glubert liquid adhesive (just make sure you don’t smudge it all over the acetate layer!).
I added a sentiment onto the Coffee Cup Holder by white heat embossing a sentiment stamped using the Elfing Christmas Words stamps and Tea Time sentiment stamps.
Shake shake shake!
This design would look great in others colours and is a great way to use up your patterned paper scraps!
Please see below for information on the supplies used in this post.
- Heffy Doodle Coffee Cup Shaker dies (Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle Tea Time Sentiment stamps (Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle Elfing Christmas Words stamps (Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle Hocus Pocus Sparkle Mix (Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle Glubert Adhesive (Heffy Doodle, Simon Says Stamp)
- Heffy Doodle Foam Adhesive Tape 3mm (Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle 6×6 Patterned Paper Pad – Summer Holiday (Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle Mini Die Cutting Machine (Heffy Doodle)